Assistant Company Secretary
Closing date: 24th September 2020
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Paddington for an Assistant Company Secretary to make their mark in a global leader which is not only enjoying exceptional growth but is also committed to diversity and corporate responsibility. Fortune magazine named Cummins one of the 50 Best Places to Work for Minorities twice in the past three years and Diversity Inc named Cummins as one of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity for a tenth consecutive year in 2016. It is important that you share and embrace this ethos.
As the Assistant Company Secretary you will support the Corporate Legal team, working closely with the legal team(s) and other businesses within the Cummins corporate structure at different sites globally to support the needs of the law department.
This role will see you primarily covering Europe but working alongside counterpart departments in the US and other parts of the world to cover global matters as well.
Your duties in the role will include:
• Management of all statutory filings with Companies House for approximately twenty English companies in the Cummins corporate structure (e.g. Directors’ Reports and Strategic reports, Confirmation Statements, director changes, share capital reductions etc.) – via Companies House “WebFiling” service.
• Managing certain board processes, including meetings for UK companies (scheduling agendas, minute taking and drafting of formal minutes) and director induction across Europe.
• Supporting the tax and treasury teams with annual dividend payments, capitalisations, group restructurings and other treasury activities (e.g. opening of new company bank accounts and KYC requests).
• Maintaining the statutory registers for the English companies on Blueprint®, updating the minute books and liaising with US legal team and global tax team to ensure that Cummins’ central records of all companies and directors across EMER are up to date.
• Working closely with the professional legal administrators of Cummins’ holding companies in the Netherlands.
• Arranging for the notarisation and/or legalisation of documents via external notary, and affixing relevant corporate seals to documents, as and when required.
• Drafting, updating and arranging for corporate documentation, such as powers of attorney, delegations of authority, and UBO registers
Skills and Experience Required:
• Demonstrable experience working in an in-house or private practice company secretarial team, particularly working on English and European companies (minimum of 5 years).
• Strong awareness of MS office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Blueprint® company secretarial software advantageous.
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication both written and verbal
• Ability to collaborate
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• ICSA qualifications (part or full) or UK / European law degree or equivalent.
Compensation and Benefits
• Basic Salary: £45,000 – £55,000
• Defined contribution pension scheme – company contributions up to 9%
• Annual bonus plan – target 8% (based upon company performance)
• Private medical insurance
• Health cash plan – support towards medical, optical and dental costs
• Health screening
• Life Assurance
• 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
• Employee discount scheme – covering 100’s of retailers
• Family friendly policies
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-London-UK, London, Legal Office
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Aug 25, 2020, 3:10:38 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing.