At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd have an opportunity for a Business Analyst within the Boeing Cyber, Intelligence and Analytics team. The role will involve working directly with a National Security customer to support and influence the shape of solutions that are of national importance.
As a Business Analyst, you will be at the leading edge of our operational work with this customer, collaborating closely with them in multi-function teams to understand their problems and to play a central role in proposing innovative technology, process or service based solutions.
This role can be based at either Cheltenham or Central London.
As a successful candidate you will join the established Boeing Government Services team of likeminded peers who will support your development in both your new role and career with the Boeing Company. Though very much part of the Boeing team, you will also find yourself in the privileged position of working directly with our Government customer at the core of an integrated programme or project. Whether you are looking for rapid career growth, stability within a supportive team, or intellectually challenging work, we will do our utmost to support you.
At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged. This is particularly relevant in the Government Services Team which encapsulates all of the advantages of being a small agile Business Unit but with the security and opportunities of working for one of the world’s largest corporations.
As a Business Analyst you will be working very closely with our National Security customer to help them articulate their problems, develop solutions to meet their needs and deliver change especially when aligned to extant national objectives. This work will involve working directly with the customer at all layers from operational practitioner to senior leaders, to understand and define the requirement for change, identify business needs, analyse the impact and benefit of change and to produce Business Cases to secure funding and support.
To achieve this the ideal candidate will be expected to:
• Work confidently in the technology space with Agile practices particularly defining required user experiences (UX), the writing of user stories and the sketching of wireframes.
• Bring clarity to blue sky thinking and the development of business and user level requirements where required.
• Utilize their experience in business process improvement and operational design.
• Undertake stakeholder engagement alone and own relationships with the Business Client.
• Utilize their knowledge within the space to help the customer achieve their business objectives.
• Build relationships with customers and other members of the team and influence the direction of the projects to ensure the desired aims are achieved.
• Work collaboratively with third parties to deliver effective change while managing changing user needs within a project life cycle.
• Experience within specific or all aspects of Business Analysis
• Willingness to learn
• Customer facing skills
• Problem solving skills
• We welcome applications from candidates who have taken a graduate, further education or apprenticeship route.
• Knowledge of multiple ways of working, especially Agile
• Knowledge of Digital Technologies including cloud
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. CA
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK Citizenship. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (HMG3 DV)
Visa Status and Relocation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Relocation benefits are not available. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorisation to work in the UK for continued employment.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.